Friday, July 27, 2012

catching up

July seems to have flown by for us.  The weather has been horribly hot and sticky so it has been easier to get the boys focused on some of their remaining school work.  They have gotten out regularly to meet with theatre friends to play frisbee and go out for snacks afterwards.  I'm afraid that my gardens have been fighting a loosing battle due to the lack of rain this month.  Thankfully we have been blessed with rainfall over the last few days to help soak the ground and re-fill our rainbarrels again.

Physical therapy has kept me very busy and tired as I continue to work on strengthening my knee.  The process is a slow one and often not very comfortable but the knee is getting stronger.  There are still certain movements that are especially painful.  I will finally see a surgeon in Hamilton on August 28 to decide if anything surgically can be done to help it.  In the meantime I do my exercises at home and go to the knee rehab class at the rec centre twice a week.

While it would have been better if I hadn't hurt my knee it has forced me to make some changes and make time to look after myself.  I usually push through to make sure everything keeps going at home but now I need to slow down and get everyone to pitch in.  Instead of doing all the mending myself today both boys helped out.  It doesn't hurt to learn how to sew on a button or mend a seam. 

Tomorrow we will be off to see Cymbeline at Straford.  This is not a show that is done very often and we have not prepared as much as I would have like but reviews from family who have seen it are very good.

No comments:

Post a Comment